• Sept 25 Notice of public hearing on piers, dock and Bulkhead Ordinance. 7 p.m. in the Hope Mills Town Hall, 5770 Rockfish Rd., Room 120. For more information, call (910) 4264113 or visit www.townofhopemills.com.
• Sept. 25 Notice of public hearing on Business Registration Ordinance. 7 p.m. in the Hope Mills Town Hall, 5770 Rockfish Rd., Room 120. For more information, call (910) 426-4113 or visit www.townofhopemills.com.
• Oct. 1 Cruise – Into – Paradise at Paradise Acres, 1965 John McMillan Rd. Come out and bring your shiniest car, motorcycle, truck or even tractor to display while enjoying BBQ, fried chicken and the fixins. Kids will love the train ride, jumping castle and playground. Free admission, food prices ranging from $2-8. Details: www.paradiseacres.biz or (910) 424-2779.
• Oct 7. Peace, Love and Walk in Hope Mills. Meet at 3770 Rockfish Rd. Contact ALMS HOUSE at (910) 425-0902 for details.
• Oct 9. Hope Mills Area Chamber of Commerce Monthly Luncheon 12:30 p.m. at Hope Mills Parks and Recreation, 5770 Rockfish Rd. $10 per guest.
• Oct 13. Kiwanis BBQ Fundraiser in the grassy area between the Hope Mills Main Street
Wal-Mart and Food Lion across from gas station. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monies raised will go toward ALMS House, Shop-with-a-Cop, Bicycle Presentation for Terrific Kids, Boys and Girls Club of Cumberland County, Boys and Girls Homes of Lake Waccamaw, and many other community services. Call (910) 426-7256 for more information.
• Oct. 20-21 Ole Mill Days Festival Celebrate the Mills Way! Ole Mills street dance from 6-9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 20. Saturday, Oct. 21 runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Municipal Parks 1 and 2. Family fun to include: tractor pull, kids’ corner, movie night, food, vendors, craft vendors, and a Mills workers reunion. Details: (910) 429-4109.
• Oct 21. Hope Mills Area Chamber of Commerce’s Chili Cook-off as part of Hope Mills Ole Mills Days from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. in the Municipal Ball Park, 5770 Rockfish Rd.
• Nov. 4-12 Heroes Homecoming V at the Hope Mills Public Library. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 4 is the first day of a 9-day ceremonious event to honor veterans. On this day, the focus will be on Vietnam Veterans. Visit www.heroeshomecoming.com for more information. The event is free and open to the public.