The schedule and sites for this year’s annual Cumberland County Football Jamboree have been set.
The two-day event will be held at Pine Forest High School and Jack Britt High School, with games at Pine Forest on Aug. 8 and Jack Britt on Aug. 9.
The format will be as in previous years, with two separate scrimmages going on at the same time in each time block, two teams playing on one half of the field and two teams on the other half.
Here is this year’s schedule.
Aug. 8, at Pine Forest
• 6 p.m. - Farmville Central vs. Westover, Rolesville vs. Overhills.
• 7 p.m. - Union Pines vs. E.E. Smith, Triton vs. Terry Sanford.
• 8 p.m. - Scotland vs. Cape Fear, Lumberton vs. Pine Forest.
Aug. 9, at Jack Britt
• 6 p.m. - St. Pauls vs. Douglas Byrd, West Bladen vs. Gray’s Creek.
• 7 p.m. - East Montgomery vs. Hoke County, Eastern Wayne vs. South View.
• 8 p.m. - Lee County vs. Seventy-First, Apex Friendship vs. Jack Britt.
There will only be one high school Easter baseball tournament in Cumberland County this year. Douglas Byrd will not be hosting its tournament this season, leaving the Easter tournament at Terry Sanford the only one in town.
The tournament dates are March 31-April 3.
Up & Coming Weekly was going to preview the tournament and include the game schedule in this week’s issue. Unfortunately, there were some last-minute changes in the teams taking part in the event, and the field could not be finalized prior to the deadline for this week’s print issue.
Look for an online-only story on the tournament once the field has been determined, and also information on the Pitt County Classic in Greenville, which includes two Cumberland County teams, Pine Forest and South View.