For details about all meetings and activities, including location where not listed, call Town Clerk Jane Starling at 910-426-4113. Most meetings take place at Town Hall or the Hope Mills Parks and Recreation center.
• Special Meeting of the Board of Commissioners Wednesday, Aug. 1, 6 p.m. in the Bill Luther Meeting Room at Town Hall. The goals are: (1) To discuss rescheduling the public hearing on the Lone Survivor Project until after the Board has received the Comprehensive Parks and Recreation Plan and has had a chance to review it. (2) To conduct a Closed Session pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 (a) (6) to discuss matters relating to a personnel matter.
• Festival Committee Monday, Aug. 6, 5 p.m. at the front Town Hall meeting room.
• Board of Commissioners Monday, Aug. 6, and Monday, Aug. 20, 7 p.m. in the Bill Luther Meeting Room at Town Hall.
• Lake Advisory Committee Tuesday, Aug. 21, 6 p.m. at Hope Mills Parks and Recreation.
• Hope Mills Area Kiwanis Club at Sammio’s, second Tuesdays at noon and fourth Tuesdays at 6 p.m. For details, call 910-237-1240.
• Hope Meals Food Truck Rodeo Thursday, Aug. 2, 5-8 p.m. Live jazz, kids activities, vendors. Held in the big parking lot at Town Hall.
• National Night Out Tuesday, Aug. 7, 6-9 p.m. at Hope Mills Municipal Park.
Promote yourself: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.