For details about all meetings and activities, including location where not listed, call Town Clerk Jane Starling at 910-426-4113. Most meetings take place at Town Hall or the Hope Mills Parks and Recreation center.
• Labor Day Holiday Monday, Sept. 3. Town Hall will be closed.
• CANCELLED: Board of Commissioners Monday, Sept. 10, 7 p.m.
• Lake Advisory Committee Tuesday, Sept. 18, 6 p.m.
• Registration underway for the next Hope Mills Citizens Academy, which is designed to help citizens gain insight into how local government works and promote open lines of communication. The next Citizens Academy sessions begin Thursday, Sept. 6. Register online at www.townofhopemills.com. For further information, call Jane Starling at 910-424-4902 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hope Mills Area Kiwanis Club at Sammio’s, second Tuesdays at noon and fourth Tuesdays at 6 p.m. For details, call 910-237-1240.
• Hope Meals Food Truck Rodeo Thursday, Sept. 6, at the parking lot between Town Hall and Parks & Rec Center. 5 p.m.
• Registration open for the 4th Annual Miss Hope Mills Cotton Pageant Applications are now being accepted at Hope Mills Parks & Recreation. Registration Deadline is Friday, Sept. 14. The pageant is for ages are 3 - 22 years old. Visit www.townofhopemills.com/375/Miss-Hope-Mills-Cotton-Pageant and see applications for rules and important information for contestants. The pageant takes place Oct. 5 for ages 3-9 and Oct. 6 for ages 10-22.
• Ole Mills Days 2018 Saturday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. For more details and vendor information, contact Parks and Recreation Director Kenny Bullock: 910-426-4107 or email@example.com.
Promote yourself: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.