For details about all meetings and activities, including location where not listed, call Town Clerk Jane Starling at 910-426-4113. Until the Parks and Recreation building has been repaired following damage from Hurricane Florence, some meetings may be moved to Luther Meeting Room at Town Hall at regular dates and times. Those meetings are noted with an asterisk below.
•Board of Commissioners and Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council Monday, Nov. 19: POSTPONED.
• Lake Advisory Committee Tuesday, Nov. 20, 6 p.m., at Parks and Recreation Building.*
• Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee Monday, Nov. 26, 6 p.m., at Parks and Recreation Building.*
• Appearance Commission, Tuesday, Nov. 27, 6:30 p.m. at Parks and Recreation Building.*
• Pumpkin decorating for seniors Tuesday, Oct. 30, 10 a.m.-noon in the small activity room of Parks and Rec. No fee, but advanced sign-up is required. Only 20 pumpkins are available. Prizes will be awarded for the best three pumpkins.
• Ghostly Gala for seniors Wednesday, Oct. 31, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Parks and Rec community room. Advanced sign-up at the reception desk required. Costumes are preferred. There will be a costume contest and pumpkin decorating contest. Potluck social. Bring main dish, side dish or dessert.
• Trunk R Treat Wednesday, Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m. at Hope Mills Municipal Park. For details, call 910-426-4109.
• Veterans Day Monday, Nov. 12: Town offices closed.
• Thanksgiving Thursday-Friday, Nov. 22-23: Town offices closed.