For details about all meetings and activities, including location where not listed, call Town Clerk Jane Starling at 910-426-4113. Until the Parks and Recreation building has been repaired following damage from Hurricane Florence, some meetings may be moved to Luther Meeting Room at Town Hall at regular dates and times. Those meetings are noted with an asterisk below.
• Festival Committee Monday, Dec. 3, 5:30 p.m., Town Hall reception area.
• Board of Commissioners Monday, Dec. 3, 7 p.m., Town Hall.
• Historic Preservation Commission Wednesday, Dec. 12, 5 p.m., Parks and Recreation Building*
For more information on these activities, contact Meghan Hawkins at 910-426-4109.
• Christmas at the Lake Friday, Nov. 30, 6-7:30, p.m. An old-fashioned Christmas in the mill village returns with singing of Christmas carols, lighting of the Christmas tree, burning of the Yule log and hot chocolate and cookies for everyone.
• Hope Mills Christmas Parade Saturday, Dec. 1, 3 p.m. Enjoy bands, floats, hot cars and a visitor from the North Pole.
• Breakfast with Santa Saturday, Dec. 15, 8:30 a.m., at Hope Mills Fire Station. Jolly Old Saint Nick will be on hand to enjoy a breakfast catered by Grandson’s. Tickets are limited. Children 3 years old and under are free but must have a ticket to attend.