For details about all meetings and activities, including location where not listed, call Town Clerk Jane Starling at 910-426-4113.
• Festival Committee Monday, May 6, 6 p.m., Town Hall
• Mayor’s Youth Leadership Committee May 6, 6 p.m., Town Hall (in conjunction with Festival Committee)
• Board of Commissioners Monday, May 6, 7 p.m., Luther Board Room, Town Hall
• Citizens Academy Tuesday, May 7, 6-8 p.m., Town Hall
• Historic Preservation Commission Wednesday, May 8, 5-6 p.m., Parks and Recreation Building
• Hope Meals Food Truck Rodeo Thursday, May 2, 5-8 p.m., Town Hall rear parking lot
• Veterans Outreach Day Friday, May 3, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., VFW Post 10630
• Hazardous waste collection, shred event and spring litter sweep Saturday, May 4, 9 a.m., Town Hall
• Good 2 Grow Farmers Market Saturday, May 4, 9 a.m., Town Hall
• Hope Mills Area Kiwanis Club at Sammio’s, second Tuesdays at noon and fourth Tuesdays at 6 p.m. For details, call 910-237-1240.
• Hope Mills Parks and Recreation Senior programs at Parks and Recreation Building. Senior programs are for those ages 55 and up who are residents of Cumberland County. Various activities, especially Zumba classes, are scheduled Monday through Sunday throughout the day. For details on times and days, check the schedule at townofhopemills.com. You can call the recreation center at 910-426-4109 or email Kasey Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org.