For details about all meetings and activities, including location where not listed, call Town Clerk Jane Starling at 910-426-4113.
• Historic Preservation Commission Wednesday, May 8, 5-6 p.m., Parks and Recreation Building
• Board of Commissioners Monday, May 20, 7 p.m., Luther Meeting Room, Town Hall
• Lake Advisory Committee Tuesday, May 21, 6 p.m., Parks and Recreation Building
• Veterans Affairs Commission Thursday, May 23, 6:30 p.m., Parks and Recreation Building
• Appearance Committee Tuesday, May 28, 6:30 p.m., Parks and Recreation Building
• Citizens Academy Tuesday, May 14, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Town Hall
• Hope Mills Area Kiwanis Club at Sammio’s, second Tuesdays at noon and fourth Tuesdays at 6 p.m. For details, call 910-237-1240.
• Hope Mills Parks and Recreation Senior programs at Parks and Recreation Building. Senior programs are for those ages 55 and up who are residents of Cumberland County. Various activities, especially Zumba classes, are scheduled Monday through Sunday throughout the day. For details on times and days, check the schedule at townofhopemills.com. You can call the recreation center at 910-426-4109 or email Kasey Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org.