Editor’s note: This edition of the Hope Mills calendar may be affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Florence. Please check to see if events are still scheduled before attending.
For details about all meetings and activities, including location where not listed, call Town Clerk Jane Starling at 910-426-4113. Most meetings take place at Town Hall or the Hope Mills Parks and Recreation center. Until the Parks and Recreation building has fully recovered from Hurricane Florence, some meetings may be moved to Luther Meeting Room at Town Hall at regular dates and times.
- Festival Committee, Monday, Oct. 5, 5:30 p.m.
- Historic Advisory Committee, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 5 p.m.
- Mayor’s Youth Leadership Committee, Monday, Oct. 22, 6 p.m.
- Appearance Commission, Tuesday, Oct. 23, 6:30 p.m.
- Hope Mills Area Kiwanis Club at Sammio’s, second Tuesdays at noon and fourth Tuesdays at 6 p.m. For details, call 910-237-1240.
- Ole Mill Days 2018 Saturday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. For more details and vendor information, contact Parks and Recreation Director Kenny Bullock: 910-426-4107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pumpkin decorating for seniors Tuesday, Oct. 30, 10 a.m.-noon in the small activity room of Parks and Rec. No fee, but advanced sign-up is required. Only 20 pumpkins are available. Prizes will be awarded for the best three pumpkins.
- Ghostly Gala for seniors Wednesday, Oct. 31, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Parks and Rec community room. Advanced sign-up at the reception desk required. Costumes are preferred. There will be a costume contest and pumpkin decorating contest. Potluck social. Bring main dish, side dish or dessert.
Promote yourself: Email email@example.com.