Time to rake those leaves to the curb.
Loose-leaf pickup will begin Monday, Nov. 21 in Fayetteville, according to a city news release.
Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks & Recreation workers will use special equipment to collect piles of loose leaves outside residences. The pick-up schedule will be based on ZIP codes and starts with ZIP code 28314, the release said.
Residents should pile loose leaves and pine straw at the curb on the first date of their assigned pickup window.
The pickup schedule is:
- 28314, Nov. 21–Dec. 2.
- 28311, Dec. 5–16.
- 28306 and 28312, Dec. 19–30.
- 28305 and 28303, Jan. 2-13.
- 28301, Jan. 16-27.
- 28304, Jan. 30–Feb. 10.
Residents are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Place leaves and pine straw curbside before your first scheduled day of pickup.
- Piles should be leaves and pine straw only. Tree limbs and other yard debris are prohibited.
- Leaves and pine straw should be on the curb and away from the road and storm drains.
- Leaves should not be left over yard decorations, meter panels or any other utility equipment close to the ground.
- Leaves that are put out in sturdy bags or containers on your regular yard debris pickup day will be collected weekly.
Visit loose leaf collection policies for details on loose-leaf collection dates by ZIP code; to track the progress by ZIP code; and to learn about more options for yard debris pickup. Bad weather may cause delays in pickup, the release said. For more information, call 910-433-1329.