• Hope Mills Youth baseball, softball and indoor soccer registration is open through Feb. 28, 4:30 p.m. Baseball ages 5-14, Softball ages 7-5, instructional soccer ages 5-6, indoor soccer ages 7-12. Eligibility cut-off date for baseball and indoor soccer is May 1. Softball cut-off date is Jan. 1. Proof of address and birth certificate are required to register. Call 910-426-4105 for more information.
• Hope Mills Youth wrestling registration is open until Feb. 2 for ages 6-12. Practices are held at Brower Park. Matches are held at Myers Recreation Center. $30 per child. Proof of address and birth certificate are required to register. Call 910-426-4105 for more information.
• Jan. 25 The Hope Mills Board of Commissioners will hold a special meeting at the Sheraton Inn, I Europa Dr., Chapel Hill, at 6 p.m. to conduct a workshop to discuss and plan upcoming goals for the board.
The Town of Hope Mills is soliciting applications for vacancies on the following committees. If you would like to apply for any of the vacancies, please contact Deborah Holland, interim town clerk, at 910-426-4113, or email dholland@ townofhopemills.com for more information.
• Lake Advisory Committee – second Tuesdays at the Hope Mills Recreation Center, 6 p.m. The purpose of the committee is to advise and make recommendations regarding various issues pertaining to the safety and environment of the lake and preserving it as a valuable resource to the town. Three vacancies to expire February 2020.
• Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee – fourth Mondays at Hope Mills Recreation Center, 6:30 p.m. This committee seeks to recommend and plan programs of recreation activities and events. In addition to the regular membership, there are two liaison members who represent the Hope Mills Senior Citizens Club and the Hope Mills Youth Association. One vacancy to expire February 2020.
• Historic Preservation Commission – second Wednesdays at Hope Mills Recreation Center, 5 p.m. The committee advises the governing body on issues related to historic identification and preservation. Two vacancies to expire February 2020.
• Appearance Commission – fourth Tuesdays at Hope Mills Recreation Center, 7 p.m. This committee seeks to enhance and improve the visual quality and aesthetic characteristics of the town. One vacancy to expire February 2020.
• Veterans Affairs Commission – fourth Thursdays at the Hope Mills Recreation Center, 7 p.m. The committee is comprised of town residents who are armed services veterans. Members advise the town on affairs related to its active and retired military citizens. Three vacancies expire in February 2020.
Stay in the know
• Go Green! Recycling helps keep your refuse fees lower. Call the Public Works Department’s Waste Management division to start your service at 910-480-4010. Acceptable recyclables can be commingled together in the recycling container. Acceptable recyclable items include: magazines, office paper, junk mail, brown paper bags, newspaper, paperboard (cereal, cracker, drink and snack boxes), phone books, glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles (#1 - 7), paper cardboard (dairy and juice containers), aluminum cans, foil and pie tins, steel or tin cans. Collection is on Wednesdays.
• Hope Mills is accepting bids for “ROCKFISH ROAD SIDEWALK FOR TOWN OF HOPE MILLS.” Sealed bids for the project entitled “ROCKFISH ROAD SIDEWALK FOR TOWN OF HOPE MILLS” will be received by the town of Hope Mills until 2 p.m., Feb. 6, in the town of Hope Mills Town Hall, 5770 Rockfish Rd., Board Room. At said place and time, all bids that have been duly received will be publicly opened and read aloud.
A pre-bid conference will be held at 2 p.m., Jan. 16 at the town of Hope Mills Town Hall, 5770 Rockfish Rd., Board Room. Interested parties are invited to attend this meeting to review the plans, ask for additional information or clarification and to visit the project site. Visit www.townofhopemills.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=546 for more information.
To have your business, organization or event included in this section, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.